I am what I am (most motherf*ckers don’t give a damn)…
and if you get that reference, I’ll give you a cookie.
I’m nearing 30, and looking forward to it. I work in the SEO/web marketing industry, but I probably won’t write much about it. I probably won’t employ much of it here, either, as I prefer to focus on the thought process that comes with my writing. I’m keeping this blog primarily for myself, but if people happen to find it and it resonates with them, all the better. I write about things that are important to me. This means anything from politics, to the sandwich I got from the deli down the street is fair game to show up here. I’ve been told that my writing effectively captures my voice; that I write just like I speak. This is a personal blog, so I don’t do much to hold back. If you’re offended by colorful language, you might want to look elsewhere.
Some other random tidbits:
- I was born and raised in the Hudson Valley, where I currently live and work.
- I am a writer, both by nature and by trade.
- Gray is both a family name and my favorite color.
- I have an overwhelming appreciation for music, regardless of genre. Suggestions are welcome!
- I’m kind of a pop culture savant. Well, as long as we’re talking pop culture pre-2000.
- Edward Norton is sort of my hero. Or, at least, one of them. I’d give anything to sit down with him over some coffee or Chinese food, and talk shop about environmental issues and philanthropy, film, surfing, music.
- I derive immense pleasure from wordplay, walking in fresh snow, and eating sticky rice with chopsticks.
- I did a short stint as a roller derby girl, but had to stop because my car died, and I couldn’t get to practice. I look forward to giving it another go, once I’m back on the road (and have health insurance!).
- I feel most at home in a kayak on the Hudson River.
- I hate bios. They always seem forced and awkward. Just read my blog!